Topic: Government Contracting
Ever thought about selling your products or services to federal, state, and local governments?
Being a woman-owned, minority-owned, or service-disabled veteran-owned business helps you get a leg-up on your competitors! Where your business is headquartered can also serve as an advantage–but only if you’re certified as such.
What you may not know is that your local SBDC helps with that! Between our own government contracting coach and the resources at the nearest Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC), we can provide the following one-on-one confidential consulting services:
- Determine suitability for government contracting
- Understanding the language and basics of contracting
- Secure necessary federal, state, and local government registrations
- Assistance in applying for small business programs including agency certified programs (SDVOSB, 8(a), HUBZone) and self-certifying programs (SDB, EDWOSB, MBE), and more
- Research procurement histories and forecasts
- Connect with government buyers and prime contractors
- Identify proposal and bid opportunities
- Customized profile on automated bid match service
- Review solicitations, proposal documents, and make recommendations
- Assistance with contract performance requirements
- Assistance with contract audits
- Assistance with post-award contract administration requirements
We invite you to join Marci Wright, one of the Miami Valley’s most experienced government contracting coaches, as she teaches you how to “Certify Your Small Business” and begin taking your first steps toward securing your first big contract.