Catch up on the Startup Week 2020 sessions you missed
Week-long, free entrepreneurship conference brought out top speakers
Weren’t able to attend Techstars Startup Week 2020 in real time this year? Catch up on any sessions you missed now on our Launch Dayton YouTube channel!
You’ll find a series of playlists including main stage talks, plus the industry-specific lineups for food&beverage, health/beauty/wellness, medtech and materials & manufacturing.
In its fifth year, this free, annual, week-long, entrepreneur-led, community-focused conference brought together the region’s entrepreneurs and small business owners — this year in a virtual setting.
Powerful main stage talks included:
- Marty Grunder, founder of Grunder Landscaping;
- Kala Gibson, Executive Vice President & Head of Business Banking at Fifth Third Bank, as well as MORTAR Board Chair;
- Jerricha Hoskins, founder of million-dollar haircare line Arcani Coil Care;
- Robin Gentry-McGee, the Functional Formularies founder who recently sold her medtech company;
- Lance Juhas, COO of Piada;
- Stephen Hightower, founder of Hightowers Petroleum Co. one of the country’s largest fuel suppliers.
Industry-specific sessions to help you move your business forward included:
- in Health/Beauty/Wellness: Holistic Branding — How to Stand out in a Crowded Marketplace;
- in Medtech: Don’t Tell Me, Show Me: 12 Months of MedTech Deals;
- in Food & Beverage: The Rapid Fired, Hot Head Story, from founder Ray Wiley;
- in Materials & Manufacturing: The State of Manufacturing in Ohio, from JobsOhio’s Glenn Richardson.
And many more! Check out the full lineup, then let us know which talks are your favorites, and what you want to see next year.
A few thanks yous —
To our track captains — These community champions have volunteered their time through spring and summer 2020 to identify topics relevant to entrepreneurs in their industry & secure the right speakers to deliver those messages:
Andrew Cothrel & John Lewis: MedTech
Eric Wagner & Kaila Miller: Materials & Manufacturing
LeKeisha Grant & Tae Winston: Healthy/Beauty/Wellness
Mandy Grosko: Food & Beverage
Ryan Helbach & Anissa Lumpkin: Defense
To our sponsors — We could not have pulled this event off without an amazing group of committed sponsors, many of which have been with us for multiple years:
Our title sponsors for this year were Fifth Third Bank, The Entrepreneurs Center, and Parallax Adavanced Research.
The New Media Incubator was our official Technology Partner this year. They helped immensely as we shifted to a virtual environment.
The ONEIL Center sponsored our Early Risers Startup Week Edition Pitch Competition.
Tangram Flex, Infinite Management Solutions, and JJR Solutions sponsored this year’s Defense Track.
& 937 Payroll, the Downtown Dayton Partnership, and Converge Technologies stepped up as Partner Sponsors.
Thank you all for your ongoing support of Startup Week and our greater entrepreneur community!