COVID-19 resources for entrepreneurs & business owners
As the community collectively adapts to halt the spread of COVID-19, we are working to consolidate resources available to assist our entrepreneurs & business owners. We will work to continually update this list:
• We will run our upcoming Early Risers Academy cohorts virtually. If you are forced to take time away from working in your business, maybe you can use it to work on your business. If we have enough interest, we will increase the number of cohorts to benefit as many entrepreneurs as possible. Both general & tech cohorts begin in April. Apply here.
• Facebook is giving $100M in grants to small businesses impacted by COVID-19 closures.
• Ohio small business & nonprofits are eligible for up to $2M in disaster relief loans from the U.S. Small Business Administration. Download these step-by-step instructions to apply. Informational webinars begin today — register here.
• Nonprofit 501(c03? Apply for a grant from The Dayton Foundation.
• Kiva has increased its lending amount to $15k and expanded its eligibility requirements. More info here.
• Theresa Peretta shared a thread of resources & advice specific to food&bev entrepreneurs & those running businesses in the hospitality & business service industries.
• Christina Perez has launched a free course to focus on things you can control in the coming weeks — get marketing together, optimize your LinkedIn, prep social platforms, audit your website, learn about your analytics & more.
• Taft Law has compiled a list of legal resources here.
• For the freelancers & artist/creative entrepreneurs.
• Learn to leverage social media and set up live webinars with Inphlu founder Josh Reid in his Social Distancing with Social Media seminar on Thursday, March 19.
• A list of resources to run your business virtually.
• A LinkedIn training course on remote working designed to set yourself & your team up for success.
• Duarte is holding a free webinar on Virtual Communication: Presenting with Empathy on Friday, March 20th at 1 p.m. EST.
• Cintrifuse has a list of practical advice to set work-from-home routines and practice self-care.
• Need a temporary gig? Amazon is hiring 100K warehouse workers & delivery drivers.
• Vent & connect with your peers through Entrepreneurs Anonymous’ virtual hangout.
• ServeOhio has $500-$2000 grants available to support community projects that are addressing needs due to the virus. Apply by April 1.
• Check out virtual versions of entrepreneur meetups like Venture Cafe, the program that inspired our LaunchPad event series.
• DoorDash is waiving commission fees for 30 days. 100K+ independent restaurants can sign up now for free.
• Shopify is offering an extended 90-day free trial for small businesses quickly moving operations online.
• Adobe is waiving subscription fees for 90 days.
• Culture Works is tracking resources for artists.
• Toast Now is offering 90 days free for food&bev entrepreneurs to set up digital channels, like online ordering, a mobile ordering app, contact-less delivery, and e-gift cards.
Need food or immediate funds?
• Picnk is organizing a meal drive of 1,700+ meals to people in Dayton over the next few weeks thanks to some of their partners putting up the funding.
• The Foodbank has a drivethru from 1-3 PM at 56 Armor Place on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
• Find info here on applying for unemployment to cover lost work due to COVID-19.
• United Way has a COVID-19 Economic Relief Fund to help with bills, rent & food. Call 1-866-211-9966; plug in your zipcode when prompted & you’ll receive a list of local agencies providing assistance.