Funding Opportunities for Tech Spinouts
The State of Ohio has a couple of great programs that can help you take a technology from a university or research lab and give you the time and funds to commercialize a product. Both opportunities are non-dilutive–they don’t take equity in your company– and have deadlines fast approaching!
If you are considering applying for either program, please reach out to John Owen at email@example.com. We’ve had a number of local startups receive funding from these programs, including GlobalFlyte, WoundAI, and Endo Guidance Technologies, and can potentially help you strengthen your applications.
TECHNOLOGY VALIDATION and START-UP FUND (TVSF)
“The goal of the Ohio Third Frontier Technology Validation and Start-up Fund (TVSF) is to create greater economic growth in Ohio based on start-up companies that commercialize technologies developed by Ohio institutions of higher education and other Ohio not-for-profit research institutions. The Technology Validation and Start-Up Fund has been designed to:
- Support protected technologies developed at Ohio research institutions that need known validation/proof that will directly impact and enhance both their commercial viability and ability to support a start-up company, and
- Support Ohio start-up and Ohio young companies that license validated/proven technologies from research institutions.”
Round 16 Applications Schedule
- Written Questions: accepted through December 21, 2017
- Proposals: due by 2:00 PM, December 28, 2017
- Awards: approximately March 2018
“I-Corps@Ohio funds will be offered on a competitive basis to teams of faculty researchers and graduate students developing institution-based technologies from Ohio colleges and universities. Under the supervision of business and entrepreneurial mentors, teams will develop market-driven value propositions and scalable business models around their technologies and attract follow-on funding to support company formation and market entry.”
Submissions for the next cohort are due January 16, 2018