How to attend Cincinnati Startup Week 2018
Pining for Dayton Startup Week? We’re already at work on next year’s schedule! But in the interim, check out our neighbors to the south next week at Cincinnati Startup Week, Oct. 8-12!
This year, the OCEAN Conference will also be part of Cincinnati Startup Week. OCEAN is a not-for-profit in Cincy that focuses on faith and entrepreneurship.
Here are some sessions we’ve circled on our calendar:
• Monday, 1:30p — Even the Air Force and DoD Need Tech Innovation. Here’s How We Do It. Dayton’s own Nick Ripplinger of Battle Sight Technologies & David Scott of The Entrepreneurs Center will talk Transition Technologies in the military branches and how technology is researched, commercialized, and launched at scale to our armed forces.
• Monday, 10:30-11:30a — Our Vibrant Startup Ecosystem and its Role in Student Prep. Tim Holcomb, the Director of the Institute for Entrepreneurship at Miami University talking about how Miami’s Institute for Entrepreneurship builds entrepreneurial leaders and how it integrates its programs with the broader #StartupCincy entrepreneurial ecosystem.
• Monday, 4:30p — Turning Tables and Climbing Ladders — The Women in Digital Story. Don’t miss this opportunity to hear from Women in Digital founder – Alaina Shearer (and City Champion of the Cincinnati Chapter Amy Vaughan) – as they share the progress and challenges of the fastest-growing national association for women in digital who pledge to trade their power with each other.
• Tuesday, 3pm — Cincinnati Entrepreneurs’ Organization presents the Global Student Entrepreneur Awards regional competition. Watch three full-time local university student entrepreneurs show their entrepreneurial passion. If you want to be inspired, listen to these entrepreneurs who juggle going to school full-time with growth-oriented, revenue-generating businesses. This is not another pitch competition, these are full-time students who have already launched businesses going head-to-head in front of local entrepreneurial judges. You won’t want to miss this energizing event.
• Wednesday, 6pm — Startup Week IoT Pitch Competition powered by Main Street Ventures. Startup Cincy is doing an IoT competition with Losant with a prize pool of $8,000! Finalists will get a hardware kit worth $300 to complete their proposed project. Final awards will be on Oct. 10 event at the Drinkery in OTR.
• Thursday, 4:30p — Founder’s Institute Showcase. The Founder Institute is the world’s premier pre-seed startup accelerator, having helped launch over 3,300 companies across 180+ cities and six continents. We help pre-funding entrepreneurs and teams build an enduring company by establishing a critical support network of local startup experts that are invested in their success, and providing a structured and challenging business-building process that has helped our alumni raise over $700M.
• Thursday 6p — OCEAN x Startup Week Mashup. The Thursday night session of OCEAN Conference is a collaborative effort with Startup Week that will serve as the culmination of Startup Week and the opening MainStage session of OCEAN Conference. Highlights include a pitch contest with a $5,000 cash prize & founders panel featuring three entrepreneurs sharing their “Worth It” stories. Visit www.OceanPrograms.com for more info on the OCEAN lineup.
How to register:
Visit http://cincinnati.startupweek.co/ and click “register”! Then check out the events schedule and click “sign up” or log into your account. Create your schedule and see what sessions your Dayton friends and colleagues are attending.
How to get there:
Most of the Startup Week sessions are at Union Hall, 1311 Vine St, Cincinnati, OH 45202. From Dayton, follow I-75 S to Western Ave in Cincinnati. Take exit 2A from I-75 S, turn left onto W Liberty St., then right onto Vine St. Mercer Garage is located across the street from the hall.
The OCEAN conference sessions will be held at Crossroads Oakley, 3500 Madison Road, Cincinnati, OH 45209. From Dayton, take I-75S to exit 7 for OH-562 E. Use the left lane to go to Ridge Ave. Parking is available at the church.